For over a decade, CANADEM assisted the Government of Afghanistan to deliver better services to its citizens.
CANADEM directly supported Afghan-led priorities of good governance, transparency, accountability and enhanced service delivery championed by the Kabul Process.
From vision to strategy, policy to planning, budgets to implementation, CANADEM 's experts sparked real change in governance process and people. Flexibility to circumstance and a real drive to align ourselves with national and local priorities defined our approach.
CANADEM has been consistently developing its modality and reputation for placing precisely qualified people in the right place to get the right result.
We have the industry’s largest cutting edge roster of professionals – now numbering over 20,000 vetted Canadian and international experts. This merely complements our deep roots within Afghanistan and our preference to recruit the right person, as locally as possible.
In practise this means that when possible, we recruit locally or tap into the Afghan Diaspora, where necessary we deploy the best from our international network.
- An Islamic scholar and economist helped the Ministry of Haj reduce corruption and promote efficiency.
- An Afghan specialist worked with the Ministry of Higher Education to simplify and shorten the academic accreditation process.
- An international lawyer promoted the rule of law through constitutional reform at the Ministry of Justice.
- A Canadian planner with 30 years experience worked with extremely receptive counterparts to streamline business licensing.
- A senior international civilian team supported Afghan police reforms.
- An Afghan/Canadian pharmacist & chemist worked with seven ministries to increase patient safety by reducing counterfeit drugs through better regulation.